We expect all members to abide by the Lutmaar.com Board Rules, by joining our community you agree to follow the Code of Conduct set out below from the moment you register or comment on Lutmaar.com. It applies to the website as a whole, across the board in all threads, messages and posts.
Please remember also, this is a family forum accessible to anyone of any age whether a member or not. For their own protection, images of minors or members children, may be deleted if posted anywhere in the forums.
Note: Private Messages or PM's are 'Private' and should not be posted in the forum without the sender's consent.
As a member, you are fully responsible for your posts. If you change your mind about a post you've made on the forum, you are able to delete it.
You're also in control of the email address stored, and can amend this at any time. We advise members not to use their real name as their username. Think carefully when picking your username, we can't change it once you've activated your account unless it poses a security risk. We will never share your email address with a third party.
I. User Names and Avatars:
Behind every participating user name is a real person, please respect their orientation in life and opinions at all times.
- Choose a user name and avatar that is inoffensive. If a user name or avatar is found to be offensive it will be removed without warning.
- Please note that only one person per household, group or family is permitted to use the FS/FT forum.
- Members creating multiple user names without a prior agreement with Admin or Moderators will be permanently banned from the site.
- Never post third party information considered as personal or private without the other member's consent.
There is a zero tolerance to spam here. Anything that is deemed to be so will be removed with immediate effect and the spammer banned at the discretion of Admin and Moderators.
- Empty messages or replies invisible by font and background colour being the same, quotes with no new content or reasonable meaning and repetitive questions, pictures or inane words is spam.
- Pornography, pornographic images and sexually offensive material is spam.
- Self promotion of businesses and anyone involved with them, including staff, affiliate networks, marketing companies, SEO, PR etc, survey threads, post incentives, charity request threads made without prior permission, auction / marketplace sites (with the exception of those sellers approved by LutMaar), personal sales elsewhere, links to personal websites, requests for referrals, referral links, third party affiliate links, advertising for personal gain and displaying of e-mail address in the forums is spam
- Duplicate threads will be deleted at the discretion of moderators if already posted within the last month. Please use the advanced search to avoid this scenario.
- Bumping old threads without good reason is not permitted and will be classed as spamming, as will thread spoiling and hijacking.
- Adding offensive tags or anything considered as spam in any part of a thread, tag line or post may result in a ban
- Threads relating to or discussing members who have been banned or suspended will be removed from the forum.
- Spamming by PM or Private Message may also result in a ban.
III. Trolling, Trolls:
- Trolls are people who for no reason want to disrupt a forum topic by constantly posting out of context posts, derogatory comments, throwing insults, making personal attacks and deliberately inciting a negative response from other members. This is called trolling; in public forums and won't be tolerated here.
- Users or groups of users who continue to attack other members because of their views and opinions, attempting to beat them down or demean them, will have posts deleted and may be banned
IV. Racism, Religion, Sexuality:
Attacks on a person or group's faith, race, colour, sexual preference, beliefs will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of Admin and Moderators without prior warning to the offenders.
- A person's religious, sexual, political or any other orientation in life should be respected at all times.
- Any replies or discussion on these topics, should only be posted in the Miscellaneous forum and must remain respectful and constructive. There should be no soapboxing at any time.
V. Profanities, Foul Language, Rudeness:
There is a word filter in place to help remove profanities from posts.
- Anyone attempting to get round the word filter by any means will have their post removed and may receive a warning.
- Rude posts or images are also not acceptable and will be deleted without warning at the discretion of Admin and Moderators.
- Please be polite to your fellow members at all times.
- Adding offensive tags to threads is not permitted
VI. Reporting Offending Posts:
Members have the ability to report posts made by others if they think any of the rules have been broken and we thank you for using this feature.
- A report button is placed to the right of every post in the form of a flag containing an SPAM mark.
- Reported posts will notify Admin and Moderators of the offending post. Please include a brief description and links with your report.
- Do not reply to an offending post, leave it to Admin and Moderators who will deal with the situation as soon as possible.
- Responding to offending posters in any thread with aggressive replies, or inciting them to continue will be considered as an offense in itself.
- Abuse of the voting system, expiry and spam buttons could lead to account restrictions.
VII. Admin and Moderators:All the above rules will be strictly enforced by Admin and Moderators at all times. This is their duty on the boards.
Moderators are here to keep the forum as user friendly as possible. They're as other members but with extra privileges that enable them to carry out their tasks. Please remember they are human too and do occasionally make mistakes.
If you disagree with a Moderator decision, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum to send a brief description.
Admin will have the final say in any disputed decision and on all aspects of the forum.
VIII. Lutmaar.com Code of Conduct Extras.All of us have questions to ask at some point, as we can't know everything and as our community grows so does the extensive knowledge base from our members. You all have something to offer and we would like to see discussions and posts conducted in a friendly, civil and respectful way. These rules and the Code of Conduct should help to achieve our aim for a happy, caring and sharing environment.
In editing, deleting and the general moderating of posts, we can't be certain to read every single one. We hope you'll forgive us if we miss, or don't get to see the occasional reported bad post.
The opinions and views of our members are not necessarily those of Lutmaar.com Administration.
Lutmaar.com uses shared sign in, enabling you to sign in to sites in the Lutmaar.com network using your Lutmaar.com sign in information. .
X. Deal Voting:
- When voting on the temperature of a deal, please do so fairly.
- We request that cold voters leave a reason for doing so. By leaving constructive criticism, it will help your fellow members improve their posts in the future.
XI. Forum Expectations:A valid e-mail address should be available in your profile at all times to provide us with a means of contact should the need arise. We will never sell or share your email address to third parties.
Posting the same messages or threads in more than one forum isn't necessary, please make sure you choose the correct forum before posting your deal or topic and post just one of it.
We reserve the right to delete any deals, messages, posts, profile locations or other at any time and at our discretion, we will always try to communicate with the poster where possible.
When making a post or creating a new topic and thread, please think before you click on the "submit" button. The last thing we want to see is a reply turning a discussion in to an over exaggerated argument.
XII. Infraction Tiers, Suspensions and Bans:
Our moderators will only ever issue infractions for serious / malicious actions, repeated offences or blatant breaches of the points mentioned above. Infractions should not be viewed as a punishment, but as a reminder to be courteous to fellow community members at all times.
A warning may be issued primarily. After this time, if the member breaches the rules again then they may be issued with an infraction.
All infractions are active for thirty days, if a two point infraction is received before the previous one has expired, it will increase by two points each time and will accumulate.
2 points = a one day suspension 4 points = a three day suspension 6 points = a five day suspension 8 points = a two week suspension 10 points = a one month suspension 12 points = a full site ban or suspension
If a one or two point infraction is given at any time after all other infractions have expired, the sequence begins again at zero.
The most serious breaches of site rules may result in us issuing a permanent ban without prior warning.
If you disagree with an infraction you've received, please contact us as soon as possible.
These rules and the Code of Conduct can be changed or updated at any time, please check them regularly. By continuing to use LutMaar you agree to follow the code of conduct implicitly.