- Deals can be anything that people can buy for a small amount of money including two-for-one sales, reduced prices, and clear out sales.
- Vouchers are additional discounts on products. A voucher can be a code that you provide at the time of purchase or it can be earned by doing a survey. Vouchers usually involve a promotional code so make sure to provide that when posting a deal.
- Freebies are things you can get for free. It doesn’t matter whether it is a free pair of scissors or a free video game. If a free item is included in a purchase it is considered a deal since the purchase is required.
- Competitions are anything you can enter for free and win a prize. The better the prize, the hotter the competition will be. Soliciting votes for the competition you’ve entered is not allowed. You cannot post asking for people to vote for you.
- Ask is a place where you can post about a specific deal you are looking for, or inquire about a previously posted deal that you are unable to find.
Deals are categorised as Hot Deals.
A Hot Deal is a deal that’s been voted hot by a lot of members that agree that it is a very good deal.
A New Deal is a deal that’s been posted recently. It may not be hot because it’s new, but this is a good way to find out about good deals before anyone else.
Reviewed deals are deals that have been commented on. Once you choose to view reviewed deals ( they are found on the very bottom of the page under the section deals) it will take you to the page where all the reviewed deals are listed in the order of most reviewed ones.
How do I find nearest deals to me?
Simply choose the town closest to you from the “select city” option on the right of the page, right under the “log out” button. Once you have chosen the city, the page will show only the deals in that particular area. If you have enabled site to pick up your GPS location, you will be shown deals nearby you.
Many deals have vouchers attached to their post. Members can use these to get an even better deal. Every deal will also have a quick link that will lead you to all available vouchers for that merchant. These are found on the bottom right of the post. You can also search for vouchers by choosing “vouchers” (mobile phone icon) from the submenu on the home page. You can filter the results to appear in heat order or hottest content. You can also choose to sort them in the order of most recent post.
The way you add a voucher to your purchase can vary. Usually you will see a box before or during payment which will ask you to enter a voucher/coupon/promotional discount code. You can then just copy and paste the code from lutmaar.com and it should, if you are eligible to use it, deduct a certain amount from your total. Not all vouchers work for everyone so make sure you check the terms and the source to know if you are eligible to use it. Merchants can reject your purchase if you use the code you are not entitled to and we ask you to let us know if you have any problems with vouchers at all.
Click SUBMIT to post a new deal
Step 1: Choose the type of deal you are submitting
Step 2: Enter the URL (the link to your chosen deal) then add some information about what you've found. Your title should be a summary of the deal including price and merchant name. Make sure you fill in all the required fields.
Step 3: Please add a picture to your post if possible by including the image URL.
NOTE: You can locate the image URL by right clicking on the image (ctrl + click on Mac) and choosing 'copy image location', just paste the image location directly into the field. You can also upload pictures that you've saved to your computer by clicking browse to find the relevant image.
Members use the LutMaar temperature gauge (the red and blue arrow next to each deal) to express their opinion on a certain deal, voucher, competition or a freebie. Members vote “hot” for the deals that seem special to them. Enough hot votes will get the deal to the front page.
Deals that don’t seem to be that good are voted cold. If you are voting cold it would be helpful to the community if you left a comment within the thread.
Once you’ve become an established member your vote will have a bigger impact on the temperature gauge. New members will only be able to change the temperature by a small amount.
The best way to get more vote power is to post hot deals yourself. This will earn you points which will help you up your ranking on lutmaar. Helping other members will also help you advance, so vote fairly, be helpful and constructive and become an important member of our community.
Usernames: It is not permitted to use a name which is offensive, attempt to impersonate another user, or create multiple accounts without permission from Admin or Moderators.
Spamming: This includes empty messages, hidden text that matches the background colour, quotes with no new content, repetitive questions, meaningless content, pornography, pornographic images, sexually offensive material, self promotion of a business, auction sites, personal sales on other sites, links to personal websites, requests for referrals, referral links, third party affiliate links, and advertising for personal gain. These activities are considered spam and will result in an account being suspended or terminated.
Trolling, Trolls: Users or groups of users who post provocative comments, disrupt normal, on-topic conversations or attack other members because of their views and opinions, attempting to beat them down or demean them. Posts by trollers will be deleted and trolls may be banned from the site.
Racism, Religion, Sexuality, Background: Attacks on a person’s faith, race, colour, sexual preference or social background will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of Admin and Moderators without prior warning to the offenders.
- A persons religious, sexual or any other orientation in life should be respected at all times
- Any replies to a discussion on these topics must be respectful and constructive.
We encourage our members to report any kind of behavior that they think breaks the rules.
- A report button is found on bottom of every post in a form of a red flag.
- Admin and Moderators will be informed of the reported post and we ask you to include a brief description in your report.
- We advise you not to reply to an offending post, leave it to Admin and Moderators who will deal with the problem as soon as possible.
- Responding to offending posters in any thread with aggressive replies, or inciting them to continue will be considered as an offence in itself.